Click here to access our latest Hospital News
Due to the large leak at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, the Hospital School has had to temporarily close. If you have any queries about hospital education and/or home tuition please contact the Assistant Head Teacher, Jane Morgan via email. Her email address can be found in the 'Contact Us' page of this website
The Hospital School
The Hospital School is based on Level 4 of the Women's and Children's Hospital at Doncaster Royal Infirmary.
As well as providing education for children in hospital we also provide Home Tuition for pupils who cannot access
school for medical reasons. We are part of a wider medical unit (pupil referral unit) called Maple Medical PRU, which is based at Cedar Road, Balby.
Click this link to see the Referral Form
Click this link to see our Wellbeing Curriculum
Pupils are admitted to the Hospital School from the wards on the recommendation of medical staff. Medics give advice on who may:
- attend the classroom
- be taught at bedside
- be left for medical reasons
Providing Continuity of Education
- educate children in hospital
- liaise with parents/carers and multi-agencies including: pupils mainstream school, Medical Services, CAMHS and Social Services
- provide school reports for medical staff
- attend multi-agency meetings for children
- facilitate the taking of exams
- provide observations for hospital consultants
- train student doctors and teachers in a unique setting
Telephone 01302 642784
Hospital Useful Links
Bringing Maths alive!